The blades are designed to flex in the last one-third of their length towards the tip, allowing for much safer thrusting than with conventional wooden wasters or shinai. This latest addition to the synthetic range has been designed and tested in conjunction with the English martial arts Academy. This sword features: black blade, black guard, black handle, black basket hilt pommel.
. These synthetic-bladed swords also provide an excellent option for Theatrical use, being inherently safer than steel or aluminum. Overall: 41" blade length: 34" handle length: 6 1/2" weight: 1lb 12oz point of balance: 6" Blades are designed to flex in the last one-third of their length towards the tip,.
The grips are manufactured from a rubber-like thermoplastic elastomer, designed to absorb the impact of strikes and to provide a tight fit on the tangs. These synthetic-bladed swords also provide an excellent option for Theatrical use as well. Synthetic-bladed swords also provide an excellent option for theatrical use, being inherently safer than steel or aluminum.
The swords excel in practicing techniques from George silver and the Highland broadsword fighting manuals. The blade of the sword is the standard Rawlings Xtreme single hand blade and is compatible with all Rawlings single hand sword fittings. The blade/tang joint is reinforced by a high tensile steel rod running along the full length of the handle, so removing the handle flex typically associated with plastic training swords.
Blade/tang joint is reinforced by a high tensile steel rod running along the full length of the handle.
Highland Broadsword: Lessons, Drills, and Practices
In the first part of the book, and runs the cateran society broadsword academy in Portland, including stances, footwork, Christopher Thompson—who is the author of Highland Knife Fighting and Highland Martial Culture, grips, Maine—instructs you in the essentials of Highland swordsmanship, and blade actions.
. After you've mastered these skills, you can test what you've learned with the free fencing and bouting exercises found in part two before moving on to the disarm maneuvers and advanced fighting techniques in part three. Highland broadsword can be used as a self-study guide by groups or by individuals with a training partner.
While designed for the broadsword, the techniques in this manual also work with the backsword and singlestick. The lessons in highland broadsword are designed to help you learn the fundamentals of broadsword fighting, with an emphasis on developing practical skills, not on exploring the esoteric details of broadsword fencing theory.
This is a must-read for anyone interested in the historical use of Highland weapons or in the Western martial arts in general.
• Highland Knife Fighting: With the Dirk and Sgian
• Lessons of the Broadsword Masters
• Scottish Fencing: Five 18th Century Texts on the Use of the Small-sword, Broadsword, Spadroon, Cavalry Sword, and Highland Battlefield Tactics
• Highland Martial Culture: The Fightin Heritage of Scotland
• THE Expert Sword-Man's Companion: Or the True Art of SELF-DEFENCE. WITH An ACCOUNT of the Authors LIFE, and his Transactions during the Wars with France.: To which is Annexed, The ART of GUNNERIE
• Cold Steel Scottish Broad Sword
• Highland Swordsmanship: Techniques of the Scottish Swordmasters
• Cold Steel Scottish Dirk
• I33 Fencing in the Style of the Walpurgis Manuscript 2nd edition
• Highland Broadsword: Five Manuals of Scottish Regimental Swordsmanship